Sunday 16 May 2010

Composers:

Here is a list of composers who inspire my interests in film. I intend to do posts on individuals. They are all on imdb if any are of interest but they have all created incredible work, therefore, they deserve some credit.

I also intend to do posts on editors, screenwriters, producers later on when I have time.
Here they are:


  • Thomas Newman (American Beauty) (Road To Perdition)
  • Hans Zimmer (Pirates Of The Caribbean) (Da Vinci Code)
  • Nico Muhly (The Reader)
  • Aaron Zigman (The Notebook) (My Sisters Keeper)
  • John Williams (Jaws) (E.T) (The Deer Hunter)
  • John Powell (P.S. I Love You)
  • John Barry (Bond Films)
  • Patrick Doyle (Bridget Jones) (H.P & The Goblet Of Fire)
  • Alan Silvestri (Forest Gump) (The Polar Express)
  • Rachel Portman (Cold Mountain) (The Duchess)
  • Alexandre Desplat (Curious Case Of Benjamin Button)
  • Dario Marianelli (Atonement) (Pride & Prejudice)
  • Brian Eno (The Lovely Bones)
  • Harry Gregson Williams (Domino) (Phone Booth) (Shrek)
  • Ennio Morricone (The Mission, Chi Mai)
  • Michael Nyman (The Piano)
  • A.R. Rahman (Slumdog Millionaire)
  • Danny Elfman (Edward Scissorhands)
  • Deborah Lurie (Dear John)
  • Nicolas Hooper (Harry Potter, more recent ones)
  • Harold Kloser (2012)
  • James Newton Howard (I Am Legend) (The Village)
  • James Horner (Titanic) (Avatar)

Obviously they have done many more scores than these, but these are the ones I relate them too off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment